If the seaside isn't an option for you, go to the city! Look at the architecture, study the people walking around. Often times, there are some unique sights you wouldn't normally give any attention to. Yet, if you just slow down, maybe grab a coffee at a little cafe and people watch, you're bound to come across something that is well, inspiring. I can't count the number of times I've seen someone in a beautifully put together outfit walk by and thought, "Why didn't I think of trying that?" There is definitely no shame in seeing someone else's look and making it your own.
And finally, if all else fails, grab a laptop and surf the web. Let the pictures you come across take you on a "mini-vacation". I've never been to Paris, but I still love to dream of visiting and immersing myself in Parisian culture. On the other hand, I have been to the fabulous New York City, but I am dying to go back. Sometimes, I find myself watching totally unrealistic but still fabulous shows like "Gossip Girl" and imagining that I am Serena or Blair reigning over the steps of the Met or being whisked away in a limo to some fancy event. I mean, who wouldn't want to experience that? More realistically though, I enjoy reading magazines or reading blogs that feature street style in big cities. I think these are wonderful places to get inspired and try out new things.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is a whole wide world out there, and as people, we should seize every opportunity we have to experience it. Along the way, hopefully you can pick up some inspirations from the art, culture, fashion, architecture, and lifestyle that surrounds you.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment