Recently, I read Ladies' Night by Mary Kay Andrews. Although it was not the most complicated or hard-hitting of plots, it was certainly an enjoyable and quick summer read. The main character, Grace, is a celebrity blogger, who seems to have the perfect life. The perfect career, the loyal husband, the luxurious house, and the like. Everything is just peachy until Grace discovers her beloved husband cheating on her with her much younger assistant. Through a whirlwind of events, including driving her husband's Audi into the pool, and joining a divorce recovery therapy group, Grace comes to terms with her new, much simpler life and embraces life's little pleasures. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun summer read about life, friendship, relationships, and coming into your own.
Next up on my list of books to read:
Lean In
Sheryl Sandberg
![]() |
Written by the chief operating officer of Facebook, Lean In urges women to take back power in the work place. Sandberg combines data, personal accounts, and research in this book about women's empowerment and the need for more female leaders in the work place.
Inferno
Dan Brown
The newest historical thriller by Dan Brown, Inferno, tracks Harvard symbology professor Robert Langdon through Florence as he tries to uncover the truth about Dante Alighieri's epic poem The Inferno. I couldn't put down Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, so I'm excited to read the newest adventure Brown has come with.
Talking Back... to Presidents, Dictators, and Assorted Scoundrels
Talking Back... to Presidents, Dictators, and Assorted Scoundrels
Andrea Mitchell
Andrea Mitchell inspires me. She is a political analyst and a self-proclaimed go-getter. She has a reputation around Washington as a strong-willed woman who never gives up on a story. I can't wait to read her book and gain some insight on her life as a reporter in the nation's capital.
Someday, Someday Maybe
Lauren Graham
Who doesn't love Gilmore Girls? I used to come home from middle school, hop on the couch, and watch episodes of the show until my mother caught on and forced me to do my homework. Fast forward a few years, and now I can't wait to curl up and read this book, written by none other than Gilmore Girls alum Lauren Graham. The book revolves around a young girl trying to make it in New York City. Not gonna lie... I always dream of living in New York one day, so I can't wait to read all about Franny Banks's journey.
What are some books your reading this summer?
xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment